There are loads of ways to get involved in Garden Re-Leaf next year, here are just a few ideas…
The Great Garden Re-Leaf 12 Hour Plantathon
Hold a 12-hour Plantathon at your garden centre in which customers, colleagues and friends take turns to continuously plant for 12 hours. Or, nominate ONE brave person to get planting for the whole 12 hours!
Here's a few ideas to help your Plantathon get off to a flying start...
- Invite customers and staff to donate when they see the Plantathon in action or encourage sponsorship before the event by setting up your own online giving page
- Up-sell potted plants whilst the event is happening and afterwards, donating a percentage of each sale to Greenfingers Charity
- Host gardening workshops throughout your Plantathon and encourage your customers to buy tickets to come along
- It's a great team building event so get your staff and others involved
The Great Garden Re-Leaf Day Walk or Cycle Challenge
Start your training early and get yourself ready for the Great Garden Re-Leaf Day Walk or Cycle Challenge. OR, if you don’t fancy taking part, why not get involved by sponsoring an element of the event. Your sponosorship will enable us to ensure the money raised by al those taking part goes to where it is needed most; creating magical gardens for life-limited children and their families who spend time in hospices right across the UK.
Trade promotions are a great way to raise funds
Trade promotions are a great way of supporting Greenfingers Garden Re-Leaf Day. Decide upon a product and donate a percentage of sales to Greenfingers.
Stock products that will benefit Greenfingers Charity
Stock the promotional products from well-known suppliers who donate a percentage of sales to Greenfingers Charity. To find out more, get in touch with the Fundraising Team who will be able to help.
Garden Retailers get busy!
There are lots of FUNdraising activities you could do in your garden centre to support Garden Re-Leaf Day; here are just a few ideas...
- Hold a raffle, cake or book sale
- Host a car-wash in your car park and donate the proceeds
- Invite your customers to enjoy afternoon tea in your cafe and make a donation from every cuppa and slice of cake sold
- Organise a sponsored event in-store and encourage customers to get involved
- Every penny raised makes a difference so make sure you have donation boxes on your till points
- Donate your carrier bag tax to Greenfingers Charity in March
- If you have a child's activity in-store such as crazy golf of a soft play area, donate 50p from the cost of every child who visits on Garden Re-Leaf Day
- Go Green 4 Greenfingers by wearing your best, or worst, green or floral outfit to work, school or in your Club and asking everyone taking part to make a donation!
- If you have an event planned, we'd love to hear about it, so click here and register your event today.
Remember to use social media (#gardenreleaf) to promote your event and let your local and industry media friends know what you're planning too.